As a Gold Sponsor of the #GreenSurgeryChallenge we are pleased to announce the launch event on 3rd February 2021. (click image above to view a recording of the webinar on YouTube)
Calling all surgical healthcare professionals!
Would you like to find solutions that transform surgical practice to become less harmful to the environment and build social sustainability?
The Green Surgery Challenge 2021 is an opportunity for the UK’s surgical community to:
- recognise the value of sustainable healthcare for surgical conditions
- share and promote ways of practising that are less harmful to the environment and our planet and build social sustainability
- to continue to transform surgery for the future.
Find out more here
The challenge launched on 3rd February 2021 at an online event (recording here)
Hosted by the Royal College of Surgeons England with Ms Victoria Pegna, co-founder of the Sustainability in Surgery working group and the President of RCSEng, Professor Neil Mortensen. The event includes:
- an introduction to green surgery from Professor Mood Bhutta & Sustainable Surgery Fellow, Chantelle Rizan.
- information on how to get involved in the challenge by Dr Olivia Bush, Clinical Programme Director at the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare.